Cook: 10mins Serves: 2
Features: Dairyworks 3 Cheese Grate
• 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 250g portabello mushrooms (about 3), thinly sliced into rounds
• 100g unsalted butter
• 1 french shallot, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 tsp sage leaves
• 4 slices sourdough bread
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• Dairyworks 3 Cheese, grated
1. Preheat a sandwich press, if you have one.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add the mushrooms and cook until they have released their water and started to colour.
3. Turn the heat to low, add half the butter, then all of the shallots, garlic and thyme and continue cooking until the ingredients are cooked through and the butter has started to brown. Remove the pan from the heat and place to one side.
4. Thinly spread the mustard onto the sliced bread. Lay grated cheese on top of half of the slices, spoon on the mushroom mixture. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices.
5. If using a sandwich press, melt the remaining butter and brush on the both sides of each sandwich. If not using a sandwich press, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, then add the sandwiches to the pan. 6. Toast the sandwiches until the cheese is melted and the outside is golden.
Cut in half to serve.